No baby shower is complete without one or more rollicking, baby-centered games. Whether you are the honored guest or the host, you will want to plan for one or two fun and engaging games that will leave your guests laughing and happy. While there are a number of features that make baby shower games successful, the most important ones are that the games be fun, lighthearted, and, above all, focused on babies and the mother-to-be. Following is a list of 3 of the most popular, time-tested baby shower games.
Don’t Say that Word!
This game is perhaps one of the most popular baby shower games ever. Deceptively simple, it is guaranteed to get your guests laughing, talking, and teasing as they struggle to avoid saying one or more all-important words. Here is how it works:
- Choose one or more common baby shower words to make off-limits. For instance, let guests know that the words “baby” and “cute” are off-limits during the shower.
- Then, distribute one clothes pin to each guest.
- Tell guests that whoever hears another guest saying one of the forbidden words (like “baby” or “cute”), can take the clothes pin off the person who said that word and add it to their own shirt.
- At the end of the shower, whoever has the most clothes pins wins a gift.
The Poopy Diaper Test
This game is sure to garner laughs with its focus on what will soon be a very important part of the honored guest’s life: Dirty diapers. Be aware that this game may engender some potty talk! Here is how it work:
- Choose several distinctive kinds of chocolate candies. For instance, you may choose Hershey bars, Reeses cups, Almond Joy, and Snickers bars for this game.
- Melt the candies until they are soft.
- While the candies are still soft, add each kind of candy to a separate diaper and smoosh them into the diaper so they resemble poo
- Label each diaper with a pin and paper
- Pass out a piece of paper and pen or pencil to each guest.
- Pass around each diaper and allow each guest to smell the diaper and write down on their paper which type of candy they think is in the diaper.
- The person who correctly guesses the greatest number of candies wins a prize.
This game is sure to whet the competitive edge of anyone who attends your shower. It is also a great way to make the gift-opening more interesting. Here is how it works:
- Create bingo cards using an online generator or word processor.
- Fill in each blank space randomly with an item that may show up during the gift opening. For instance, you may fill in some of the blanks with words like “diapers,” “onesies,” “pacifiers,” and “blankets.” Make sure that each card is different from the others, with words in different places.
- Pass out one bingo card and a pen or pencil to each guest.
- As the gifts are opened, the guests cross off the items on their bingo card if the gift opened is on their card. For instance, if one gift is a set of booties, then guests with the word “booties” on their cards can cross that box off.
- The first person to get five items in a row in any direction is the winner and shouts “Bingo!”
If you want to save yourself time and effort, you can purchase this pre-made baby bingo game set from herbabyshower.com.
Choosing any of these games will help to make your shower as lighthearted and celebratory as you want it to be.
For other fun and easy baby shower games, as well as great ideas for prizes, visit herbabyshower.com.